Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of this legally binding contract carefully. In booking any services from Connect Colombia you agree to be bound by these conditions, which constitute the entire agreement between Connect Colombia referred in this document as "us", "we", or "the company", and you "the client".
- To make reservations for one of our experiences or to create one that fits your preferences, you must inquiry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (305) 733-7071. Thereafter, we will design an itinerary personalized for you and provide you with the price.
- Once you confirm to move forward with the proposed itinerary, you will need to make your deposit in full within the next 5 business days and you will be issued a booking confirmation and invoice. A contract will be made between us and you on the date on which you pay your deposit in full and you are provided a booking confirmation.
- You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.
- If you are the person making the initial deposit for your trip, you will be the direct contact for the trip and all communication will go to you unless you specify otherwise.
- We require full names for all of the travelers in your party as shown in each passport.
- Special requests such as vegan food, or single occupancy rooms need to be addresses prior to making the reservation in order to properly access, and guarantee request. Any requests made after your deposit is made, need to be addressed in writing, and we will try to arrange, but cannot guarantee that they will be made.
- PRICE DEPOSITS, & PAYMENTS
- A deposit of 50% of the total amount is required to confirm services and reservations. Payments may be made via PayPal, Venmo, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- The balance of your reservation is due 30 days before your trip. If it is not paid on time, we have the right to cancel your trip ad retain your deposit.
- If the trip is made within 30 days of the beginning of the trip, we require to pay in full in order to book our services.
- All costs associated with the designed itinerary are based upon your preferences and interests. The company is under no obligation to disclose a breakdown of the costs involved in the itinerary.
- All prices are quoted in USA Dollars. Any price given in another currency was converted based on the currency exchange rates at the day of the quotation.
- ITEMS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM
- Connect Colombia does not book airfares, or include them in your itinerary.
- Additional expenses incurred during the trip like alcohol, laundry, personal shopping, etc. are not included in the trip.
- Travel insurance.
- Overseas departure taxes.
- Activities outside of the itinerary.
- Tips to hotel operators, taxi drivers, restaurant personnel. etc.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Participation of guide/instructor is limited to educational purposes as described in the program or itinerary made. Connect Colombia only acts as an agent of the Client to book all accommodations, transportation, and other services related to the experience.
- Connect Colombia's hosts, guides, and third party members assume no responsibility or liability for any act, injury, loss, accident that may be caused by reason of any defect in a train, boat, aircraft or any other carrier, or through neglect or default of any third party, that was used in the design of an itinerary.
- Connect Colombia has no responsibility or control over operational decisions or malfunctions made by air carriers. There are times when delays, and rescheduling in flights occur and such decisions are not our responsibility and we will not reimburse you should any of these unexpected happenings affect your trip.
- Connect Colombia and our hosts and instructors reserve the right to accept or decline any person as a client at any time, or to require any Client to withdraw from the experience at their own expense when such an action is determined by Connect Colombia or hosts/instructors to be in the best interest of the Client’s health and safety, or the general welfare of the other clients.
- TRAVELER'S RESPONSABILITY
- Please contact your medical advisor to make sure you are in good mental and physical health to travel to Colombia. If you have any pre-existing medical condition or illness, you must disclose to Connect Colombia the nature of any such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other cause of treatment, which may be required during the experience at you own cost and expense. We reserve the right to request a statement from Client’s medical provider to confirm Client is fit to participate in the Program. Connect Colombia does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for Client being refused entry to any country due to incomplete heath documentation or vaccinations
- We recommend all travelers to get travel insurance cover that is adequate for your needs.
- Travelers need to have a valid and non expired passport to travel to Colombia. It is your responsibility to have enough blank pages in able to get a stamp upon arrival to Colombia.
- All baggage and personal belongings are your responsibility. Please maintain your impotent documents like your passport safe at all times.
- You and your party are responsible for any damages made in any of the properties we rent, and/or to any of our vendors equipment, transportation,etc. Should you fail to pay at the time the charges and/or costs are incurred, you will be liable to reimburse us for these and you authorize the Company to automatically debit your credit card to the market value deemed reasonable by us or the value instructed by the supplier for any such costs and/or charges.
- CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- We have a very strict cancellation policy which we adhere to because we prepay some of our vendors and partners prior to the start of your trip. If for any reason you may have to cancel your trip please notice us via email email@example.com. Once we have received your notification, cancellation will occur in the following way:
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Up to 60 days prior to the start date of trip: no additional penalty.
- 60 days or less prior to the start date: 100% penalty; no refunds
- Force Majeure: meaning unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or the control of our vendors, including but not limited to, war, terrorist activity, extreme weather conditions, machinery or equipment breakdown, Connect Colombia may cancel the proposed trip without liability to refund passage money or fares paid in advance.
- Should you be unhappy with any of our services or anything at all, please contact your local hosts immediately so we can resolve the issue. Please also address the property's manager and/or any third party vendors that may be associated with the problem.
- PERMISSION TO USE PHOTO & VIDEO
- By booking through Connect Colombia I hereby give my rights to be used in promotional videos and images, without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image or video may be edited, copied, distributed and used for promotional purposes and I waive my right to approve any changes. I understand that this image may be used in website content, publications, educational material, etc. Also, I wave my rights to any royalties or other compensation arising from the usage of the video or image.
I have read and understand all of the terms and conditions stated by Connect Colombia, and once my deposit has been paid I understand that I have entered into an agreement with the Company. I understand that neither Connect Colombia, its employees, affiliates, owns or operates any entity which provides goods or services for your experience including: accommodations, transportation, food providers, etc. I hereby agree to accept full responsibility for my own welfare, and I accept any and all risks of unforeseen circumstances, inconveniences, events, injury, illness, or force majeure. I hereby release and discharge Connect Colombia, its employees and affiliates, from any and all liability from activities and services booked by me or my peers in connection with the experience. I agree that this release shall be legally binding upon me and all member of my travel group.
- This contract and any issues that arise from it are governed by the laws of the United States of America and are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States of America.
The Guest Book
This is what our travelers are saying about their experiences with Connect Colombia
"Just got back from Cartagena and it was one of the best trips of my life! The villa we had was absolutely gorgeous (and huge!) and was much cheaper than the surrounding hotels/airbnbs I found online. On top of that we had an amazing itenarary filled with boat rides, private islands and live musicians! The entire trip went without a hiccup I highly recommend this company!"
"Wow, there is literally no other way to travel to Colombia unless you are doing it with the services of Connect Colombia! From the moment my party of 10 arrived in Medellin, we were greeted by our driver in an air conditioned bus and the fun ensued from that moment onward. The entire itinerary was laid out for us and we got a good mix of culture, tourism, and nightlife. Planning the trip ahead of time was so seamless as the only thing I had to do was book my flight and Connect Colombia took care of the rest, even securing one of the nicest accommodations in the city for my group. It's been a few weeks since our Medellin trip and all of us are still talking about how great the trip was. 5 stars!!!!!"
Monish B., USA
"Cartagena was beyond amazing and I know in part because it was meticulously planned by @connectcolombia. The house, the restaurants, the boat rides, the food (obsessed with arepa de huevo and jugo de maracuyá) the vallenato band brought to the house (I danced like never before) and the dedication from Linda, made our trip truly unforgettable. I fell in love with Colombia and will be using this company to explore more. Thank you @connectcolombia for your outstanding services. Medellin, Cali and Bogota, I am coming for you!"
"My first time in Colombia, we went to Medillin, well organized, safe beautiful and extremely fun!!!"
"I had one of the best trips of my life thanks to Connect Colombia. I got see Medellin in a way I would have never imagined. I already can't wait to go back!"